Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! We love all holidays around here. In fact, we love them so much that we make up some extra ones (like birthdays for favorite stuffed animal friends).
I guess the blame/credit might rest upon my shoulders because the kids and I love any excuse for a celebration. On Oliver's 100th day of school - after his class party - we took a little field trip to the dollar store. Each kid was able to spend their 100 cents on anything their little heart desired. We didn't want the fun to end and, for $2.19, we had a special afternoon that they still talk about. Oh, and they learned about sales tax so it was highly educational ;)
So . . . back to Valentine's Day. I thought I'd share this year's Valentines and some snapshots from this year's celebrations.

Maybe you've seen this type of Valentine before - they are becoming quite popular - but it seemed perfect for Miss Abby. She loved handing these out to her friends and was so proud. The photo of a photo washed out the colors a bit - these were even cuter in person!

Oliver handed out these pun-ny, candy-free valentines to his friends at school. He matched up the animals to the correct phrase and addressed them all himself. I found the printable for them here last year and was hoping that Oliver would like the idea as much as I did when this year rolled around.
We knew that Nick would miss most of Valentine's Day since he had to fly to Detroit for work so we gave the inside of his office door a "Heart Attack" to surprise him before he left. The kids were really excited to show off their handiwork. I helped cut out some of the hearts but they definitely colored and glued a lot! They really put their hearts into it - ha! ha! ha!
A picture of Oliver at his school Valentine party. Love it!
Abby sipping a Shirley Temple at our church's party.
Oliver making cards for his friends.
Oliver and his buddy Aidan. Wish I had a picture of the Valentine that Aidan made for Oliver - it was awesome!
I am involved in the Primary (children's) organization so I spent that day making sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.
The cookies turned out very fancy!
Evelyn had fun too!
No comments:
Post a Comment