Saturday, November 5, 2011

Link, Princess Zelda and The Fairy

We love Halloween. Probably the kids' favorite holiday next to Christmas. The pumpkin patch, costumes, trunk-or-treating, trick-or-treating, carnivals, parties - what's not to like? Well, Halloween is probably my second most stressful holiday (next to Christmas) because I usually make the kids' costumes . . . and go a little overboard with it. I know that most of my friends don't think it's worth it - and some days I'd agree - but at the end of the day I'm always glad that I did.



Plus, do you know how hard it is to find a Link costume for a six year old? Apparently, it is a very popular ensemble for costume players, not the 1st grade crowd. The kids love their costumes and will get a lot of use out of them. Abby's dress this year? With the sash removed, I'm guessing she'll make a lovely angel or beautiful bride. Lots of possibilities. Oliver's Link costume? He loves it, especially paired with the seriously awesome shield that Nick painted for him.

Oliver waving to Nick at his school's Halloween celebration.

Abby's school doesn't do costumes on Halloween. They have "orange day" instead (ugh). We met somewhere in the middles with a candy corn dress. I stayed up most of the night working on it so it was a complete surprise for Abby. She loved it!

When Evelyn took a nap that day, I told Abby that she was resting up for Halloween . . . so she decided to do the same.

Getting ready to go out trick or treating with friends.

The nap must have paid off because Abby had plenty of energy.

Ready to trick-or-treat! Link, the Fairy and Princess Zelda. I love that Oliver and Abby chose their own costumes.

Goofy pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment