Ahhh, the Starboard Skirt. I had planned on sewing a red/white stripe one up for myself before I made something for Abby but the Ikea Sofia fabric that I had want to use is out of stock at my local store. I'm still going to make one for me but when I saw this cute corduroy on sale at Joanns, Abby's skirt was bumped up on my list. I think the cord is perfect for fall.
I really, really love the way it turned out. The Simple Simon tutorial is easy to follow and it fits my daughter well. I took her measurements before she went to bed, followed the instructions, and was able to sew it up without trying it on her a thousand times (hard to do anyways since I sew when the kiddos are sleeping). Other than using a smaller seam allowance, about 1/4" with my serger, I did as I was told.
Just as cute from the side too.
Super Darling.. I'm making a holiday one right now!
ReplyDelete