I had the best intentions last weekend. I was going to make a darling little apron for a birthday party the next morning. Fabric? Check. Tutorial. Check-itty check.
BUT then I had doubts on the fabric. I started over-analyzing Abby's little friend. Is she really a roses and red polka dot kind of girl? No. I remember her mother saying that she loves pink. She must have something pink or - worst case - purple. I then made the interesting discovery (after going through my entire stash) that with the exception of one or two prints, I don't really buy pink fabric. I don't discriminate against it but my daughter usually owns plenty of pink clothing without me adding to the mix. Erghhh!
The back and forth burned up valuable time and by the time I committed to something (not pink), I was really tired and only had about an hour of steam left. Soooo, Abby's friend got something from the toy aisle at Target and Abby got a new apron about a week later. Win, win.
The apron was inspired by the Nae Nae Apron from Craftiness Is Not Optional and the Dating Diva's 'Flirty Apron' that my sister-in-law made for my niece. I used the Nae Nae apron measurements as a jumping off point for the straps and I love her tutorials. I've also been dying to add a heart shaped pocket to something - anything - after seeing some pop up on Pinterest so that made it on there too. I love the pocket even if it is really small. I didn't want the tie at the waist to cover it up so I intentionally kept it teensy.
Back view of the apron.
My lawn has never looked so good. Seriously. If I covered the lawn with aprons you wouldn't be able to see any dead patches at all.
I heart this pocket. Ha ha ha! Were you waiting for that one? It's just big enough for a pen or maybe a mini scraper if she's playing 'baker' instead of 'waitress.'
Love it! so cute in mini size, and that heart pocket is adorable!
ReplyDeleteDARLING!!! I want one for me!!
ReplyDelete