Friday, May 9, 2014

Fiesta/Vintagely Modern Skirt Mash-Up


If you take the darling trim ideas from Dana's wonderful Fiesta Skirt tutorial over at MADE and combine it with the elastic-free waistband of Simple Simon's Vintagely Modern Skirt, you get this fun and more-fitted little number. Following Dana's lead, I thought this would be a great Cinco De Mayo outfit, but also something that could be worn again (and again).

Of course, the best laid plans . . . Somewhere between the time that I finished the skirt and bought the tee and May 5th, the white shirt was hopelessly lost in our laundry vortex. Had I realized that it wasn't in her drawer before the morning-of, I could have rescued it but - twenty minutes before school - there was nothing to be done and no ready substitution. Oh well, a pink skirt is really a wardrobe staple for a seven-year-old girl so it will have its time to shine later.


Button/tab closure. "Look Ma! No elastic!"

The fact that she is modeling this for me and smiling is proof positive that she loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment