Saturday, April 5, 2014

Birthday Crown



Happy 7th Birthday to Abby! So grateful to have her smart, sweet and spunky self in our family. I can't imagine a world without her beautiful drawings and insightful (and hilarious!) observations. No one can call you out quite like Abby. I love seeing the world through her big, blue eyes.

Her birthday was on a weekday this year so she was able to celebrate at school . . . but was tragically disappointed when she found out that another girl in her class shares her birthdate. After talking about how much fun she could have with her 'birthday twin,' I decided to surprise her with one extra present. Even though her special day wouldn't be hers alone (twice the fun!), I made a golden birthday crown just for her, something that no one else would have.

After some initial embarrassment, she loved it and now she has declared that she should wear one every year! I used this tutorial on the Spoonflower blog for the basic shape, modifying it to make it fit Abby and have more of the shape I wanted. The fabric was a bargain fabric from Joann's and the shine makes it extra festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment