Elegance and Elephants' Bohemian Babydoll made a great Valentine's Dress for Abby last year . . . but I never really took any pictures of it. So, with Valentine's Day approaching and before she outgrows it completely (it's kind of a tunic-y length at this point) here are some pictures of this sweet dress taken by my lovely photo pro sister-in-law.
For the top portion of the dress I used the "alternative method" to attach the lining. If you've never assembled a lined dress/top that way, I think the video tutorial is really helpful. Heidi posted about the method here but there is a handy link to the post in the pattern as well.
The Bohemian Babydoll has a loose, easy fit with no closures and a high-low hem. I lined the sleeves with a purple/lavender seersucker stripe from my stash - using the same fabric for the hem facing - and put a strappy lavender tank underneath for more coverage. A pair of purple tights from Target completed the outfit. Abby loved her heart dress so much that little sister Evelyn wanted one too.




No comments:
Post a Comment