Saturday, January 21, 2017

Elegance & Elephants' Mori Dress


Linen and ruffles? Be still my heart! I found this beautiful, vibrant, citron linen at Carmel Fabrics in Los Angeles' Fabric District. I learned about the store when Dana Willard posted about fabric shopping years ago on  MADE EVERYDAY. Now, it's a frequent stop when I visit downtown. They have a huge variety of quality, well-priced linen which is especially nice when I'm trying to make coordinating, rather than matching, dresses for my two girls.


Evelyn loves this dress as you can see from her many, many original poses. The pattern is Elegance & Elephant's Mori Dress but I modified it a little by using a different ruffle. I lengthened the ruffle piece from Elegance & Elephants' Ruffle Top Dress and hemmed one edge of the ruffle so that it could be a single layer. 


The dress is a pull-over style, with no closures, and a tie adjusts the fit at the waist. Ribbon or bias tape is an option on the pattern but I really like the big, floppy bow look so I created a wider sash out of the linen.


I love how the dress turned out, sweet and a little bit dramatic, exactly like Evelyn.

Photography by Jessica Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment