I'm a big fan of Oliver + S Patterns - and have amassed quite the collection - so I wasn't too surprised to find that I loved sewing the Oliver + S Playtime Dress. Like other Oliver + S patterns, the directions are clear and complete and the finished product (in my opinion) is anything but homemade.
Aside from some subtle topstitching at the neckline, I kept the front of the dress fairly simple, allowing it to really showcase the quirky woodland corduroy print from Jo-Ann's. The Playtime Dress has a classic, timeless feel that I think would work for - and not compete with - a variety of fabrics and prints and I'm already imagining sleeve and pocket variations (although the side-seam pockets are one of Abby's favorite features of this dress). Almost a year later, this is still a go-to comfy favorite.
Photography by Jessica Peterson



No comments:
Post a Comment